Wednesday, September 06, 2006

"Don't tell me what you believe ...

[Verna Dozier: 1998 in the Church of the Advocate, Philadelphia]

... tell me what difference it makes that you believe." -- Verna Dozier

As the loudest voices in the church today keep insisting “tell me what you believe and I’ll tell you whether you belong” take a moment ... or two or three or four ... with me to cleanse your ecclesial palate and read these tributes to Verna Dozier ... prophet, teacher, preacher, and champion of the ministry of the baptized.

And remember what a difference it is made in so many lives that she believed!

And pray that we might be given the grace to go and do likewise.

"Truly Verna" by Michael Hopkins

Washington Post

Episcopal News Service

Jane Holmes Dixon in “The Witness”

“Remembering Ms. Verna” by Elizabeth Kaeton

No comments: