Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Just finishing up Clergy Conference ...

... here in beautiful Long Beach ...

.
... I'll try to write a little about what we've been up to for the last few days here before I pack to leave for meetings in Ft. Worth for the rest of the week. Bizzy, bizzy, bizzy!
.
Meanwhile, here's a story I can't resist sharing from the ever-fabulous Mad Priest:
.
A plane full of archbishops crashes and they all go to heaven where God is waiting for them.
.
God says to Rowan. "Rowan, what do you believe?"
.
Rowan replied, "Well, I believe that my weakness brought the Anglican Church to the brink of destruction, but I truly did what I did to try and keep everyone together."
.
God thought for a second and said, "I admire your love for my Church. Come sit at my left."
God then addressed Katharine. "Katharine, what do you believe?"
.
Katharine replied, "I believe I should have been a lot more assertive in Dar Es Salaam. But I wanted the boys to accept me. I was being vain."
.
God thought for a second and said, "Because of your honesty, you are forgiven, my daughter. Come sit at my right."
.
God then called on Peter Akinola. "Your Holiness, what do you believe?"
.
Peter said, "I believe you're in MY chair!"

2 comments:

Ann said...

MP is on Vacation - you can catch up with his friends? at Of Course I Could Be On Vacation

Rick Lobs said...

Gross. Rick Lobs