Thursday, October 11, 2007

Postcard from Rochester NY

So here are a few photos from my walkabout around Rochester this (rather gloomy) afternoon ... here's a cool old building near our hotel downtown -- love the art deco:
.

.
And I loved this sign ... how "Anywere U.S.A." is "the corner of State Street & Main Street?
.
Here's a seagull on the bridge across the river that runs through the city ... a river through a city with WATER in it ... how NOT "L.A." is that????

So after I wandered around Rochester I wandered around the internet. Mostly I caught up on work emails and got ducks in a row for tomorrow's meetings. But I did do a little blog surfing ... and these were the most interesting things I saw in my wanderings:
.
Louie Crew & Brian Cox are teaming up to raise money for the Anglican Listening Process. (Kind of like Bush Sr. & Clinton raising money for humanitarian relief!)
.
Today is NATIONAL COMING OUT DAY and the Human Rights Campaign has some great resources and cool videos online ... check 'em out!
.
And my new favorite blog is Geekpriest -- where great photos offer a restful respite from the details of life. Brava!
.
Board Meeting tomorrow ... not much else to report from Rochester at this point. More as it happens.
.
P.S. -- Got a call from Jamie while I was posting this ... in the process of heading home from Iraq he was in MAINE so he's officially "stateside" ... Woo Hoo!



2 comments:

TransplantedOkie said...

Congrats on your son being stateside. I know from experience it is a huge relief!

Clark West said...
This comment has been removed by the author.