Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mother's Day is just around the corner ...

... and in honor of that special day, I want to share -- once again -- the YouTube tribute to the love of two sons for their mother SO GREAT that it transcends even their desire to beat each other to a pulp.

Watch as they create a special "We Love You Mom" moment -- one which makes me laugh until I cry absolutely everytime I watch it! (Maybe you have to be the mother of two sons ...)

Anyway -- here it is, entitled: MOTHER'S DAY

2 comments:

Jim of L-Town said...

Dear Rev. Russell:

Very, very funny. As the first half of a brother team 2 years apart I can really relate to this.
My brother and I fought EVERY day. It drove my mother crazy. Sunday mornings getting us dressed up for church (remember those days) turned into 10-round melee.
By the time we got to church (St. Luke's of the Mountains) my mother was exhausted and most of the family was no longer speaking to each other.
One Sunday, when we were getting along we played catch with a football in our Sunday best and my brother dove for a low throw and torn the knee out of his new suit pants. That was a morning to remember.
Or how about Christmas. My mother insisted we each spend about $2 on each other for a gift even though we didn't want to.
One Christmas I opened my gift and realized from the price tag on the box that my brother had spent 7 cents less than I had on his gift.
I demanded a 6 cent refund in the middle of opening gifts. My mother just shook her head in disbelief.
She's gone now, but I never fail to think of her everyday about something. For those with mothers still on this earth, give 'em a big hug, they really, really deserve it.

A sinner saved by God's Grace.

Jim of Michigan

Ellie Finlay said...

Oh, that is WONDERFUL! Absolutely hysterical!