Friday, October 19, 2012

New Word of the Week: ROMNESIA



Friday's my day off so it's usually a morning I get caught up on laundry and housework -- and this morning all that was going on with the news in the background: news that included a stump speech by President Obama in Fairfax, Virginia where he coined a new term: ROMNESIA.

From the transcript:
“Now that we’re 18 days out from the election, ‘Mr. Severely Conservative’ wants you to think he was severely kidding about everything he said over the last year. He’s forgetting what his own positions are, and he’s betting that you will too. I mean, he’s changing up so much and backtracking and sidestepping. We’ve got to -- we’ve got to -- we’ve got to name this condition that he’s going through. I think -- I think it’s called ‘Romnesia.’” "I’m not a medical doctor, but I -- but I do want to go over some of the symptoms with you because I want to make sure nobody else catches it."
And then he went on to say
"If you come down with a case of ‘Romnesia’ and you can’t seem to remember the policies that are still on your website, or the promises that you’ve made over the six years you’ve been running for president, here’s the good news: Obamacare covers pre-existing conditions."
And there you have it: ROMNESIA. Sad for Mitt Romney. Bad for America!

1 comment:

ffferocious said...

Excellent, excellent, excellent. I am a Canadian living in Vancouver, B.C. I only hope and pray all the Democrats in the U.S.A. are working for Pres. Obama. That means assisting those who lean towards the Democrats BUT are not registered to get registered. It also means helping as many Democrats (or democrats) get to the polls as you possible can.